Jules E. Coven - Partner Emeritus, New York Immigration Attorney
Mr. Coven has practiced law for over 30 years. He is the attorney of record in numerous published federal court cases and precedent decisions of the Board of Immigration Appeals—most notably in Matter of Yeung, 1997, which was the first demonstration that a bona fide marriage can stay deportation.
He has appeared on Good Morning America and Nightline and presented lectures at New York Law School and the Practicing Law Institute. He was an adjunct professor at Brooklyn Law School for over 15 years.
Mr. Coven is also the attorney for several restaurants and small businesses and has worked as Counsel to the New York State Assembly Committee on Banking.
He is Martindale-Hubbell® AV-Rated®, the highest rating for legal ability and ethics an attorney can receive.
Admitted to Practice:
- New York 1958
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York 1961
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit 1961
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York 1962
- U.S. district Court, Northern District of New York 1966
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit 1967
- U.S. Supreme Court 1968
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit 1999
- Bachelor of Laws, Brooklyn Law School 1958
- Bachelor of Arts, Brooklyn College of the City University of New York 1955
- Chengfan Kwok v. I & N Service, U.S. Supreme Court, 1968
- Avyr Associates, Inc. v. Meissner, Dkt. No. 95 CIV. 10729 (MBM), 1997 WL 188942 (S.D.N.Y., Apr 18, 1997)
- U.S. ex rel. Morgan v. McElroy, 981 F.Supp. 873 (S.D.N.Y. 1997)
- Dashto v. I.N.S., 59 F.3d 697 (7th Cir. 1995)
- Matter of H-, 20 I. & N. Dec. 611 (BIA 1992)
- U.S., ex rel., Pupo-Tordecilla v. Sava, 704 F.Supp. 55 (S.D.N.Y. 1989)
- Matter of Chang, 20 I & N Dec. 38 (BIA 1989)
- Paulis v. Sava, 544 F.Supp. 819 (S.D.N.Y. 1982)
- Pang Kiu Fung v. Immigration and Naturalization Service, 663 F.2d 417 (2d Cir. 1981)
- Matter of Lam, 18 I. & N. Dec. 15 (BIA 1981)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Former President
Call NY Immigration Lawyer Jules E. Coven at 1 (212) 267-2555.
Jules E. Coven is retired.