U.S. Immigration Laws for NYC Individuals and Businesses
Our attorneys focus on immigration to provide the highest quality service
Immigration law in the United States is constantly evolving. Laws and regulations determine the status of anyone who wants to visit, live or work in the United States and dictate what rights and responsibilities those people have while in the country. We at Bretz & Coven, LLP help individuals and businesses throughout the country navigate these complex laws for entering and remaining in the country legally. We also assist those who entered the country without documentation, overstayed their visas, or otherwise violated U.S. immigration laws.
Our immigration practice
With more than two decades of immigration law experience, our attorneys can advise clients regarding virtually every aspect of U.S. immigration law — both routine and novel:
- Visas — Although fairly straightforward for most tourists and pleasure visitors, visas for businesspeople, workers, students and investors can be complex. There are numerous types of visas, and each type has unique limitations and filing requirements. An attorney can help you, or your business obtain the type of visa you need to accomplish your objectives.
- Citizenship — With a thorough understanding of immigration and naturalization laws, our team can advise immigrants and lawful permanent residents regarding what they need to do to remain on the path to citizenship. An attorney at our law firm can help those who qualify begin the administrative process.
- Permanent residency — A green card gives the holder the right to remain in the United States indefinitely as a permanent resident. However, there are several options for obtaining lawful permanent residence and some methods are more expedient than others.
- Deportation — When a person is found to have arrived in the United States unlawfully or to have otherwise violated U.S. immigration laws, deportation is a distinct possibility. An experienced New York City immigration attorney can provide a zealous defense, potentially allowing you to remain in the United States or at least preserving your chances of future lawful entry.
- Immigration appeals — Our attorneys have a strong record of success arguing immigration appeals in federal courts throughout the United States. A member of our team has even had an immigration statute declared unconstitutional.
- NY residency — New York City has long been known for its excellent institutions of higher education. By establishing NY residency, you can gain access to substantial tuition discounts and other benefits.
- Deferred action — With the DREAM Act stalled in Congress, the president recently has ordered the Department of Justice to halt removal proceedings against many immigrants who entered the country as children. We can assist you in determining if you qualify for deferred action and help you reap the benefits of the program. Our lawyers remain dedicated to comprehensive immigration reform.
Contact a NYC law firm dedicated to U.S. immigration law
Dedicated to the practice of immigration law and possessing more than 20 years of practical experience, our attorneys at Bretz & Coven, LLP are equipped to handle nearly any issue or controversy arising under U.S. immigration law. Contact our experienced immigration lawyers in New York City today at 1 (212) 267-2555 or online for creative solutions to your complex immigration problems. For an office appointment in Metro Park, New Jersey, call 1 (732) 313-0075.