305 Broadway Suite 100 New York, New York, 10007-1109 TEL: 1 (212) 267-2555 TOLL FREE: (800) 272-8160
Metro Park NJ office (By Appointment Only) (732) 313-0075
Types of Visas

New York City Lawyers Explain the Types of Visas

We can help you accomplish your goals in the United States

There are dozens of distinct visa types under U.S. immigration law, each tailored and limited to the specific purposes for which it is issued. At Bretz & Coven, LLP, we help clients obtain the appropriate visas so that they may either come to the U.S. or remain here lawfully and go about their intended business. We are familiar with the requirements and processes associated with nearly every type of visa authorization — from more common worker and business visas to less frequently seen humanitarian visas. We can walk you through the process, help you gather the materials you need to prove your qualifications and ensure that you understand the scope and limitations of the visa you obtain.

Student, employee and business visas

Our New York City immigration lawyers are exceptionally knowledgeable regarding the various types of visas available:

  • EB-5 visas — Foreign nationals who invest in new commercial enterprises in the United States may qualify for entry under an EB-5 visa.
  • E-1 and E-2 visas — Individuals from countries with which the United States maintains commercial treaty relationships may qualify for admission for the purpose of trade or investment under an E-1 or E-2 visa.
  • F and M visas — Academic and vocational students admitted to qualifying U.S. institutions may qualify for admission under a F or M visa.
  • L-1A and L-1B visas — Employees of multinational companies transferred to facilities in the United States as part of their employment may qualify for admission under a L-1A or L-1B visa.

K visas and other family visas

K visas are available for those engaged to be married to U.S. citizens as well as their children. This type of visa allows the holders to enter the country and remain for up to 90 days before getting married. Bretz & Coven can help you determine if a K visa is right for you and your family.

Humanitarian and other less common visas

While many New York City law firms dabble in immigration law, we dedicate our practice to it so that we are prepared to depart from the beaten path when special circumstances arise:

  • O and P visas — Athletes, performers, artists, entertainers and others of extraordinary ability may qualify for temporary authorization to enter and work in the United States under one of several O and P visa programs.
  • U visas — Victims of crime and abuse who can assist in the prosecution of those crimes within the United States may qualify for temporary nonimmigrant status under the U visa program.
  • Special immigrant juvenile — Unmarried children under the age of 21 who have been adjudicated as dependent by an appropriate state court may qualify to remain in the United States and even ultimately receive permanent residency under the special immigrant juvenile program.

Contact New York attorneys who understand your visa options

For more than 20 years, attorneys of Bretz & Coven, LLP have assisted foreign nationals throughout the United States and the world in obtaining the type of visa necessary to accomplish their goals.  Contact our experienced immigration lawyers in New York City today at 1 (212) 267-2555 or online for creative solutions to your complex immigration problems.  For an office appointment in Metro Park, New Jersey, call 1 (732) 313-0075.

Contact Form

Contact Us

To email the firm fill out the contact form below.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.