Immigration Law Internships New York
Intern at New York Immigration Law Firm Bretz & Coven
Bretz & Coven is a leader in U.S. immigration law. Our firm offers a competitive, paid internship program for law students in their first, second, and third years of school.
Our immigration law internship aims to offer students a realistic understanding of what a real practice is like—we offer challenging work and a friendly environment to top-notch students.
Internship Responsibilities & Work at Bretz & Coven
Your responsibilities as an intern at Bretz & Coven mirror those of our attorneys:
- Drafting memoranda of law for complex immigration issues, including asylum, criminal deportation, and naturalization
- Drafting pre-trial memoranda to Immigration Judges
- Drafting appellate briefs to the Board of Immigration Appeals
- Writing motions to the Board of Immigration Appeals to reopen and reconsider cases
Additionally, interns have the opportunity to observe immigration court hearings and federal court oral arguments and participate in other immigration law projects and cases.
Apply for Our Immigration Law Internship
We began our internship program in 2000. Since then we have had more than 20 interns—many of them stayed on during the academic year or joined our firm as full-time associates.
We have worked with interns from law schools around New York and the country:
- Brooklyn School of Law, Brooklyn, NY
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY
- City University School of Law, Queens, NY
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, NY
- George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C.
- New York Law School, New York, NY
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, NJ
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, AZ
If you think you have what it takes to help advance immigration law in the U.S. and help serve our clients, let us know.
Prospective immigration law interns should email [email protected] with a cover letter, current resume, and writing sample. No phone calls, please.